Frequently Asked Questions
About TABC Certification
- What is the TABC?
- TABC stands for the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission. Among other things, the TABC certifies and regulates courses for seller-server training. This training is also commonly referred to as TABC certification. The TABC has certified TABCpermit.com as an approved TABC certification training school. Individuals that successfully complete the TABCpermit.com certification course are issued an official TABC certificate.
- What is a "TABC certification"?
- The Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission began certifying alcohol sellers-servers over 20 years ago. An official TABC certification is proof that you have completed an approved TABC certification program and that the TABC recognizes you as a certified seller-server of alcoholic beverages in the State of Texas.
- What are the benefits of TABC certification?
- Becoming TABC certified is an important step in ensuring that you serve and sell alcohol responsibly. In some cases, you may receive a lower penalty for violating a sales or service law if you have been TABC certified. Your employer may also require that you be TABC certified before you begin work.
- How do I get TABC certified?
- The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) approves and authorizes training schools to provide TABC certification courses. Our course is approved by the TABC and contains all the necessary information for you to receive your TABC certification. All you have to do is enroll and complete our online TABC course and pass the online final exam. From the moment you pass the exam, you are TABC certified and you can print your official TABC certificate. Your official TABC certificate will also be emailed to you and you can login to your account at anytime to print a copy of your TABC certificate. We will send your training record to the TABC to be included in the official TABC training database.
- How long will I be TABC certified for?
- A TABC certification is valid for two years from the date of course completion. You can renew your certification every two years by taking our online TABC course and passing the online exam again. We will email you at the email address you provide during registration when your current TABC certification is about to expire.
- Is there an age restriction on getting TABC certified?
- There is no age restriction for becoming TABC certified.
- Can anyone get a TABC certification?
- The only requirement for becoming TABC certified is that you have a valid social security number or worker ID number.
- Is TABCpermit.com approved by the TABC?
- Yes, TABCpermit.com is an official TABC certification training school. We have been certifying sellers and servers of alcohol in Texas since 2006. Our official TABC program number is 535-608. You can view our TABC program approval on the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission website.
- I do not have a Texas driver’s license or I do not want to use my Driver's License number.
You can use a license number from any state not just Texas. You do not need a license number to enroll for the TABC certification course. We only use a license number as the unique identifier in our system for you to login to your account. Just as some websites use an email address to login to an account, we use a license number. We do not report your license number to the TABC and it is not printed on your official TABC certificate.
If you do not have a driver's license or state ID number, we suggest you use another number that you can easily remember, such as the number combination of your birth date. For example, if your birthday is July 2, 1982, you would enter 07021982. Please make note of this number so that you can log back into your account later if needed.
- Why do you need my social security number and date of birth?
- The TABC requires us to collect both your date of birth and social security number for reporting purposes. This information is stored securely in our network and will never been distributed to any outside person or organization except the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
- I don't have a social security number.
- The TABC requires us to collect your social security number before you begin the TABC training. If you do not have a social security number, you cannot take our online TABC training course.
- Where do I enter the discount code?
- When enrolling in the TABCpermit.com online TABC course, there is a place to enter the discount code on the Confirm Your Order page. You should enter the code in the discount code field and click "Apply." You must click Apply after you enter the code to modify the order price. If you do not, the discount will be not applied.
- How do I use another person's credit card to purchase the course?
- Using another person's credit card (with their permission of course) is perfectly acceptable. To do this, enter your information on the Student Information side of the account page. In the Billing Information side, enter the name, address, card number, and other required information for the person whose card you are using. Click Create Account to save this information.
- The payment error says that my credit card number and/or expiration date is incorrect.
- Please return to the "My Account" page and verify your card type, card number and expiration date. Click "edit" to modify your billing information. When finished, click the Continue button at the bottom of the page and then try to purchase the course again.
- The payment error says that my card has insufficient funds on the account.
- You will need to call the customer service number on the back of your credit card to verify that you have the required funds to make the transaction.
- I need a refund.
We will issue a refund for a period of thirty (30) days after the purchase of any product through this website the purchaser may receive a 100% refund so long as all the following provisions are met:
- In full payment has been received by TABCpermit.com.
- The program or course is less than 50% completed.
- No permit or certification has been issued for completion of the course.
- Refund must be issued the same way that payment was tendered.
Please contact Customer support to request a refund.
- I have a duplicate charge on my credit card for this course purchase.
- If the webpage gets refreshed or the back browser button is used during the order processing, a duplicate charge can occur. Please contact Customer Support within 30 days for a refund.
- How do I pay for the online course?
- TABCpermit.com accepts all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. We also accept PayPal.
**Please note our system does not accept pre-paid credit cards or pre-paid debit cards unless they are registered online with the information on the back of the card. Our system does not accept gift cards.
- I don't have a credit card. How can I purchase the course?
- If you do not have a credit card, you can use PayPal to purchase the course. You can set up a PayPal account for free at www.paypal.com. You can link your bank account to your PayPal account in order to pay for our online training course.
About Our TABC Course
- How long is the online TABC certification course?
- Our online TABC certification course is about 2 hours in length; however, it is self-paced, so you can take it as quickly or slowly as you like. You just need to be able to pass the lesson quizzes and final exam.
- What is within the online TABC certification course?
- The TABCpermit.com online TABC certification course is made up of an introduction, four lessons (each followed by a short quiz), a conclusion, and an online final exam. 70% is the passing score of the exam to become officially TABC certified.
- If I purchase the course now, can I start it later?
- Yes, after enrolling in the online TABC course, you can begin whenever you are ready. You have six months from the date you purchase the TABC training course to complete it.
- Do I have to complete the course all at one time?
- No, you can login/logout of the online TABC certification course at anytime. Your position in the course will be saved and you will continue from where you last left off when you login again.
- Can I log in and out of the online course without having to start over?
- Your position in the TABC course is saved as you progress through the course. You will always begin from where you last left off. You have six months from the date you purchase the TABC training course to complete it.
- Will your online course work on my computer?
- Our online TABC certification course will work on almost any computer or mobile device with Internet access. Prior to beginning the online TABC training, our system will check your computer to ensure it meets the minimum requirements. If your computer does not meet these requirements, you will be instructed on how to continue.
- Can I use a dial-up or modem connection to take the online TABC course?
- Yes, our online TABC certification class works with both dial-up and high-speed internet connections.
- What if I have technical problems while taking the online TABC course?
- We offer a toll-free support line that is available 24x7 at 800-585-4538 to resolve any technical problems that you may have.
- I already registered and paid for the course but the system is asking me to register and pay again.
If you have already registered for the course and are trying to log into your account, you are probably entering your Driver's License number differently than you did the first time you registered.
The Driver's License number you entered when you first registered is your site username. If you enter it differently when trying to log into your account, the system will not recognize the number and will treat you like a new student.
Please verify that you are entering the correct Driver's License number when trying to login.
- I can't remember my password.
- Click here to retrieve your password.
- I failed the validation questions for the TABC Alcohol Seller/Server course.
- If you answer 4 personal validation questions incorrectly, you have failed to validate yourself. The TABC requires that you start the course over from the beginning. There is no additional fee to start the course again.
- I failed the final exam.
- You will have 2 attempts at the TABC Final exam. If you fail both attempts, then the TABC requires that you start the course over from the beginning. You will be prompted to start again.
- The course player screen is blank or grayed out.
- If the course player window opens but is blank or grayed out it is your firewall blocking the course content from displaying. You will need to go into your Internet options and modify your security settings.
- The NEXT button doesn't appear on the screen.
If the NEXT button does not appear at the end of the scene, this usually occurs because you have not performed a required function on that scene.
Check to make sure that you have clicked on all bullet points, yes/no answer options, or more info icons. The NEXT button will not appear until you have performed all of the required actions on the screen.
If you have performed all of the necessary functions and the NEXT button still does not appear, press the F5 key to reload the page.
If this does not work, you will need to delete cookies and files in your web browser.
If the NEXT button still will not appear after following all of the steps above, please contact Customer Support.
- I have a problem opening or starting my course.
- Your course will be located on the 'My Account' page after you log in to your account. You will click the play button next to the course title to begin. If you have done that, and the course still does not appear, then it could be one of these issues:
- The course will open in a new window or tab. Depending on your internet settings, your pop up blocker may block the course from opening. You will need to allow the pop up or disable the pop up blocker.
- Sometimes the course does open however it is opening behind the main web page, try minimizing the main webpage to see if the course is hidden behind.
- Will this TABC course work on my phone or tablet?
- Yes, the courses on our website are Mobile Friendly and will work on mobile phones and tablets as well as your desktop computer.
- When I go to open the course it says I have an unsupported web browser.
This course supports all major browsers except the AOL browser. To use an alternate browser with America Online, follow the steps below:
- Connect to the internet as you normally do.
- Once connected to the internet, click the START button found in the lower, left hand corner of your screen.
- Click PROGRAMS
- In the sub-menu click on INTERNET EXPLORER.
- A new internet explorer window will open. In the URL address bar, enter the learning portal website address as you normally would.
- My course is stuck "loading".
- First, press the F5 key on your keyboard to refresh the page. This will usually correct the loading issue.
- If you have pressed the F5 key and the loading error still occurs, follow the instructions below.
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the Tools option in the menu bar at the top.
- Click on Internet Options.
- When the new box opens, click on "Delete Cookies".
- When that is finished, click on "Delete Files", when that is finished, click OK.
- Close Internet Explorer and reboot your system.
- Log back into the course with your username and password.
- Click on the course in progress. It should start where you left off.
If this does not solve the problem, please contact Customer Support.
The Final Exam
- What is on the TABC certification final exam?
- The final exam consists of 25 multiple-choice questions. The questions on the test are from topics that are covered in the TABC course. You must score at least 70% in order to pass the exam, which means you can answer no more than 7 incorrectly.
- What happens if I fail the exam?
- TABCpermit.com has a 100% pass guarantee. If you fail the final exam twice, the TABC requires that you retake the course. With TABCpermit.com, you can take the course as many times as necessary to receive a passing score on the final exam, at no additional charge.
- I failed the final exam twice. How do I start my course over?
- Per TABC rules, you must take the TABC course again from the beginning before you can take the final exam again. However, we do not charge you to take the course again. You only pay once and you can take the TABC class as many times as needed in order to pass the exam. If your course is locked because you failed the exam twice, please contact our support team and a representative will make the necessary changes to your account for you to continue.
- I am unable to open my certificate.
- The certificate is available in 2 different file formats. The 1st format is called a PDF and requires Adobe Reader software to open it (free download link available on Support page). The 2nd format is called a JPG. This format requires basic image software that most computers have standard. If you still need help please contact Customer Support.
- I haven't received my TABC certificate in the mail.
- If you ordered and paid for mail delivery service and have not received your TABC certificate, please contact Customer Support.
- I lost my certificate.
- You can reprint your certificate from your account. Please login and go to the "My Account" page. Next to the completed course will be a certificate icon. Click the icon and a new window will open with the steps to print additional copies.
- My name is misspelled on my certificate.
- For security reasons some account information cannot be altered by the student. (Name, date of birth and Social Security Number.) Please contact support immediately for corrections.
- The information on my certificate is missing or incorrect.
- Please contact support immediately for corrections.
TABC Training Database
- How can I view my TABC certification information in the TABC database?
- The TABC maintains an online certification database that is viewable on their website. You can view your training record by following the Certificate Inquiry instructions on the TABC website.
- I completed the TABC certification course, but my information is not in the TABC training database.
- If you completed the TABC training course through TABCpermit.com, or through a website that uses the TABCpermit.com program, we enter your TABC certification information into the official TABC training database within 3 business days from when you complete the course and pass the exam. If it has been more than 3 business days from the date you completed the course and you are not in the TABC training database, please contact our support team.
- Can I print my certification record from the official TABC training database and use it as proof of certification?
- Yes, you can use the printout of your certification record from the TABC database as proof of certification. You do not have to have a copy of your official TABC certificate to show proof of TABC certification. Most employers and all TABC staff will accept a printout of your certification record from the TABC database as proof that you are TABC certified.
- How do I renew my TABC certification?
- The TABC does not have special TABC certificate renewal process and there is not a shorter renewal course. You must complete the TABC training course every two years and pass the final exam in order to renew your TABC certification. We will email you at the email address you provide during registration when your current TABC certificate is about to expire.
- How do I update my personal information in my account?
- To update information in your account, login with your driver's license number and password. You will be on the "my account" page. Click "modify account information" in the Student Information section. You will then be able to edit your student and/or billing information and save it.
Texas Food Handler Course
- If you are an accredited school why do I have to register my Food Handler Card with my city or county?
- Being an accredited or approved Food Handler provider means that the course material has been reviewed by the DSHS (Department of State Health Services) to ensure that the laws concerning safe food handling are covered in this course. Some cities require you to register the certificate of completion or 'card' you are issued from the end of this course with them. You can check with your local health department to see if you need to register your card.
- Will my Food Handler card be accepted statewide?
- Yes, our program, License #22, is an accredited program. Accredited programs shall be recognized statewide by regulatory authorities as the valid proof of successful completion of a department accredited food handler education or training program. This was authorized under Texas Health and Safety Code §438.046.
- What if I lose my Food Handler Card?
- You will have access in your training account to print additional copies of the card issued at the end of this course. However if you lose a secondary Food Handler Card issued by your local health department, you will need to contact them for a replacement.
About the Combo Package
- Is the combo package one combined course?
- No, when you buy the package you are buying 2 courses. Both courses will be listed in your account separately.
- Do I have to take one course before the other?
- No, you can take either course at any time. You do not have to complete one before starting the other. Your place in the courses will be saved where you left off.
Security of Your Information
- Is this website safe?
Yes, TABCpermit.com is safe and your information is secure. TABCpermit.com utilizes a GeoTrust SSL certificate enabling up to 256-bit SSL encryption, which is the latest in SSL encryption technology, to ensure your data is secure. 256-bit SSL certificates are the strongest SSL certificates available. GeoTrust is a trusted security partner with a proven track record for reliability and quality and their 256-bit SSL certificates give users an easy way to determine if a site is trustworthy and legitimate. When a user visits a site utilizing a 256-bit SSL certificate, the browser displays a lock at the top or bottom of the browser window.
In addition to offering you the most secure SSL certificate, we are the only online TABC course provider that undergoes a daily 3rd party security audit. The McAfee Secure logo (shown in the upper and lower, right-hand corner of your browser) means our site is tested and certified daily to pass the McAfee security scan. This security audit means your data is safe from identity theft and credit card fraud.
During most training and purchase transactions, TABCpermit.com collects certain personal information about you. This information will never be made available to organizations outside of TABCpermit.com without your consent. This information will not be packaged or sold to any 3rd party entity without your permission.
TABCpermit.com takes your security and privacy seriously. In some areas of our systems, you may be asked to provide information that helps us support you. This information will remain confidential and only used by TABCpermit.com to help foster a better and more efficient support environment.
For our e-learning system clients, any and all information collected by TABCpermit.com through our partners learning portals will be solely owned by our partner. TABCpermit.com retains no rights or license to this information.
In some situations, TABCpermit.com may be required to disclose information for law enforcement, regulation, fraud prevention, or if TABCpermit.com believes this disclosure necessary to protect TABCpermit.com or its customers.
For more information about TABCpermit.com's privacy policies, please contact us at email@example.com.
- I have several employees that need TABC certificates. Can I set up an account with TABCpermit.com for all of my employees to be trained?
- We offer corporate accounts for any establishment that has several employees that need their TABC certification. A corporate account is free to set up and easy to use. We will create a special code that your employees will use to access the online TABC training course. Each month, we will send you an invoice and a report of your employees that purchased the TABC training course. If you would like to set up a corporate account, simply fill out our online Corporate Account Request Form and we will contact you within 24 business hours to set up your account.